Limo.com’s Prom Checklist
Wed, Mar 30th, 2011
Prom is rapidly approaching and you may be cringing or jumping for joy, depending on the size of your “to-do” list. Whether you are the former or the latter, you can benefit from the following checklist. So, read on to make sure you’ve got everything ready for your best PROM ever!
- Apparel. Ladies, do you have your dress? If you are shopping last minute, you still have time to get an amazing dress: www.promgirl.com has 2-day or even overnight shipping options, and tons of selections. Fellas, do you have your tux? Check out www.finetuxedos.com for a huge selection, with fast shipping!
- Transportation. This is a BIG night for you- reserve your special occasion limo and ride in style. Just the two of you? Make it a town car. Kick back, relax and enjoy your evening-let us do the driving.
- Matching clutch/purse. This applies to you ladies. Make sure you have one, and make sure it’s something you are comfortable carrying with you all night. Most people opt out of lugging a big purse around, and go for a clutch. Don’t get something too tiny! You want something roomy enough to carry the following essentials:
- Cell phone
- Lip gloss
- Small vial of perfume
- Camera-the one your cell phone may work just fine
- Extra bobby pins
- Prom tickets (unless your date has them)
- Band-Aid (in case you didn’t break in your shoes beforehand-see below)
- Extra cash. Make sure you have it. Little things like a larger restaurant bill, larger picture package, or an impromptu stop at a convenience store have a funny way of sneaking into the night’s activities. Also when you book your limo, pay attention to the company that you reserve your limo with: many include gratuity in the reservation, but if you happen to choose one that does not, make sure to have extra cash to tip your driver.
- Break in your shoes before the big night. You’ll have so much going on; you don’t want blisters to be an unwelcome distraction.
- Ladies, have your hair and make-up done earlier in the day so you aren’t stressed about time constraints. Wear a button down shirt to your appointment so you can easily get dressed when the time comes to put on your prom dress. Doing your own hair/make-up? It’s preferable to do a practice run on a different day so you know you like the look and approximately how much time it takes; however, if that is unrealistic, at the very least, make sure to allow yourself enough time to get ready, i.e. about 1.5 hours for make-up and additional time for your hair (which will vary greatly based on the style you choose, length of your hair, etc.
- Fellas, get your hair cut about A WEEK prior to the event. You don’t want to do it any sooner or you’ll have that “I just got my haircut and it’s a little short”-look in prom pictures.
- Pick up your date’s corsage or boutonniere and refrigerate it several hours before the event.
Relax and go with the flow of the evening! This will be something you remember the rest of your life so have fun!
Find the perfect limo, today:
Become an Operator in just minutes and access fixed-price leads for the lowest rates around.
Become an Operator Now
Let's get rolling together.
Become an Operator
and start getting industry-best lead prices today.